Improving Your Sales Success Starts with YOU!
November 17, 2017
What is your vision of your sales plan for your radio stations in the months and years ahead? Imagine there are no limits to what you can accomplish and how much sales success you can achieve. The truth is, it’s all up to YOU and your attitude.
Most great sales professionals think of their work as their mission. There are seven key result areas of sales success that, if you improve in each of these areas, your sales will increase. These areas represent important parts of the sales process. By mastering these key areas, you will become a much better salesperson.
The Seven Key Results Areas
Focus your time and efforts on improving these areas of your sales strategy to achieve amazing sales success:
- Prospecting Power: Finding more and better qualified people to talk about how a successful campaign on your station will help them achieve their marketing goals. The best salespeople have the most complete strategies and plans to develop the highest quality prospects who can, and will buy from them.
- Relationship Selling: Building high levels of trust, rapport, and credibility with each prospect. A person will not buy from you until he or she is convinced you are acting in their best interests.
- Identifying Needs Accurately: Asking good questions to learn exactly how and why your station is the ideal choice for this customer. The most important thing you can do as a salesperson is uncover the true needs or problems of the prospect that your product can solve.
- Making Persuasive Presentations: Showing the customer clearly why he should advertise on your station now. Delivering an effective presentation can increase your sales by several times over an uncoordinated presentation.
- Overcoming Objections: Dealing effectively with the questions and concerns of the prospect that holds him or her back from buying. In order to increase sales, you must be prepared to hear a “no” and continue selling. Objections mean the prospect is interested.
- Closing the Sale: Confidently asking the prospect to make a buying decision and take action.
- Getting Re-sales and Referrals: Taking such good care of your customers that they buy, buy again, and tell their friends to buy from you. By continually building and maintaining a “customers for life” relationship, your sales success will be assured.
Ask yourself these questions about your sales strategy. You should be able to answer them confidently. Successful sales professionals can determine the best course of action to achieve business success if the business is lacking!
Source: Brian Tracy 21st Century Sales Program
-Nicole Somerville, Sales Research Consultant