Radio – The Right Media for Our Time
March 24, 2020
This is a difficult time on so many levels. We are dealing with a great deal of change and uncertainty. It can help, however, to continue as many “normal” activities as possible. For some people reading this, one of your normal activities is selling radio. No doubt that has become more challenging than ever. But there are businesses and organizations out there that need to get their messages out – not only to keep their revenue flowing, but also to provide crucial services and communicate vital information to the community. So let’s discuss some of the verticals that are strong prospecting opportunities right now.
- Restaurant/grocery/meal plan delivery services –obtaining food is the most basic need during this time of crisis
- Pet food/supplies delivery services – our furry (and feathered and scaly) friends need stuff too
- Utility companies – many companies that normally bill their customers monthly are offering delayed payments
- Financial institutions – promoting mobile banking, advising how to handle investments
- Healthcare/pharmacies – although many people are postponing doctor’s appointments and procedures, some don’t have that option
- Streaming services – entertainment will need to come to us for a while
- Consumer packaged goods – everyone is stockpiling
- Online conferencing and other software that help teams work remotely – most businesses can’t afford to let work grind to a halt
- Anything DIY-related – likely many people will take this opportunity to do some home improvements
- Fitness apps/online health programs/at-home exercise equipment – with gyms closed, a lot of people will be shifting their exercise routines into their homes
- Government – local, state, and federal governmental agencies need to relay information to the people
- Recruitment – some businesses, like grocery stores and manufacturers, are hiring temporary workers to deal with increased demand
Even companies that don’t have a unique niche because of the country’s current condition should still continue to advertise. Check out a presentation explaining why here. And stay tuned for another blog later this week that will give examples of companies reaping the benefits of continuing to advertise during the Great Depression.
Research Director, Inc. clients – As always, your Sales Research Consultants are here to help you succeed. Not a client? Find out how we can help you by reaching out to us here.
-Anne Doyle, Production Manager